Chroma Type 301 Chef Knife 5 3/4"
The handle of the Type 301 by F.A. Porsche is constructed of 18/10 stainless steel, and the blade is made of high-quality Japanese 301 steel. The blade of each knife is carefully sharpened by the hand of a master.
The advantages Type 301 are:
- An ergonomic handle - designed by F.A. Porsche working with the chef of the decade, Jörg Wörther
- A metal "pearl" that clearly demarcates the end of the handle, for better control when cutting
- A seamless perfection and hygienic transition from blade to handle
- A special grinding method is used, so the knife stays sharp longer and is easier to sharpen
- That it is beloved by famous gourmet chefs
Ideally, the knife should be sharpened daily (for professional cooks) or about every six months (for hobby cooks), and by the same person each time. Each person has an individual angle at which he or she sharpens the knife. The blade of the knife becomes sharper each time it is sharpened in the same manner, by the same person.
We wish you much success and joy with you new knife.
Tomisaburo Uehara, Master Smith