MAC Professional Series 9.5" Chef Knife
This Chef's knife is modeled after the standard French chef's knife which has a slightly curved edge and a fast taper towards the tip (compared to a Japanese chef's knife which has a more gradual taper from the heel to the tip). This is a 9½" version which is fairly standard for most professional chefs. A multipurpose knife for just about anything you would cut on a cutting board. Our most popular chef's knife for professional kitchens.
Professional Series Features:
- 2.0-2.5mm thin blades for less wedging into cuts and for producing a sharper knife.
- Original Molybdenum steel has better edge-retention and is easier to sharpen than most other brands (Except MSK-65 and MTH-80 which use our Superior Steel).
- Western-style shapes with a pointed tip and a handle that is in-line with the spine of the blade (On most knives in this series).
- The added bolster on these knives concentrates the weight of the knife in the center of your hand when using a chef’s grip. The added weight helps to drive the knife through hard/dense foods such as carrots, apples, and onions without having to use a thicker blade. The bolster also provides a smoother grip area for your thumb when using a chef’s grip to pinch the blade.
- Razor-sharp edge that made MAC knives famous over 40 years ago.
- Completely tapered from spine to edge, creating a V-shaped blade that glides through cuts with ease.
- Perfectly balanced weight distribution creates a sense of comfort when holding the knife and keeps you in control of the blade.
- Slightly curved edge allows you to use almost any style of cutting whether it is a European rocking motion or a Japanese slicing motion.
- Pakka wood handle has the look and feel of natural wood but lasts much longer.
- Comfortable balance, light-weight, sharp edge, and thin blade all combine to create a precision tool that is easy to handle and control; reducing the risk of hurting yourself while working on the cutting board.